Getting To Dubrovnik By Bus
The bus service in Croatia is fast and efficient and almost every large city is connected by buses to other destinations. Bus travel in Croatia is also inexpensive, and the newish motorways that exist in parts of the country have reduced journey times considerably.
Dubrovnik main bus station
Getting to Dubrovnik by bus from Croatia
The city of Dubrovnik is connected to many destinations in across the country as well as some destinations abroad. Bus travel is popular way of travelling in Croatia both among locals and tourist.
Check the article below for detailed info on most popular bus routes from Dubrovnik Bus Station. If you need to check the accurate bus timetables and book your bus ticket to Dubrovnik, visit BOOKAWAY website.
BOOK BUS TICKETS
IN CROATIA & WORLDWIDE
Ban Jelacic Square in Zagreb
- FROM ZAGREB TO DUBROVNIK: The journey between Zagreb and Dubrovnik lasts from 9 hours to 12 hours depending on the operator. Buses on this route usually stops in Karlovac, Plitvice Lakes, Split, Makarska, Ploce before arriving to Dubrovnik. Companies operating on this route are following: Croatia Bus, Flixbus, Cazmatrans Dalmatia, Autobusni prijevoz Varazdin, Samoborcek and Auto Poduzece Z.
For detailed bus schedules, prices and ticket booking visit BOOKAWAY web-site.
- FROM KORCULA TO DUBROVNIK: There are only one daily bus between Dubrovnik and Korcula, taking approximately 3 to 3,5 hours.
Tickets can be purchased on the day and in advance from Dubrovnik and Korcula Bus Station as well as online - on BOOKAWAY web-site.
- FROM SPLIT TO DUBROVNIK: There are around 13 buses operating between Dubrovnik and Split every day. This route is very popular due to a large number of tourist travelling between Split and Dubrovnik, especially during summer season. Buses running on this route take coastal route and along the way stop at places such as Tucepi, Makarska, Baska Voda, Brela, Ploce and Metkovic. The bus ride from Split to Dubrovnik takes around 4 hours.
For detailed info on bus schedules, prices and booking check BOOKAWAY booking platform.
- FROM MAKARSKA TO DUBROVNIK: There are numerous buses daily operating between Makarska and Dubrovnik. The journey time is around 3 hours.
Check out the bus timetable, ticket prices and book online through BOOKAWAY web-site.
- FROM SIBENIK TO DUBROVNIK: The city of Sibenik is situated in Central Dalmatia, some 80 km to the north of Split. Bus service between Sibenik and Dubrovnik is regular with 5 buses a day. Companies operating on this route are following: Autotrans, Cazmatrans Dalmacija, Autobusni prijevoz Varazdin. The bus journey between Sibenik and Dubrovnik is around 6 hours.
Book easily your bus tickets through BOOKAWAY web-site.
- FROM ZADAR TO DUBROVNIK: The city of Zadar is situated in Northern Dalmatia and from there you can easily reach any Croatian region (Rijeka and Istria, Central and Southern Dalmatia, Zagreb and central Croatia). Between Zadar and Dubrovnik there are 8 buses throughout the day. Travelling time between Zadar and Dubrovnik is around 8 hours and along the way buses stop in Vodice, Sibenik, Primosten, Trogir as well as Split and small places south of Split.
For more info on buses schedule, ticket prices and booking visit BOOKAWAY web-site.
- FROM ISTRIA & RIJEKA TO DUBROVNIK: The largest Croatian peninsula Istria and nearby Kvarner Bay are both situated in the Northern Adriatic.
From this region there are daily two buses to Dubrovnik. Autotrans is the bus company running on this route. It operates modern and comfortable buses. Bus travel from Rijeka to Dubrovnik takes around 12 hours. The same buses depart earlier from Rovinj and Pula, pass through Rijeka and continue their journey to Dubrovnik.
Book your bus tickets for this route through BOOKAWAY web-site.
Port of Split
Where to buy bus tickets
Bus tickets for specific bus can be purchased from the departing bus station. Some companies offer purchasing bus tickets online.
BOOKAWAY is an online booking platform from which you can purchase bus tickets for most bus lines in Croatia as well as for buses to other countries. We advise you to buy bus tickets in advance especially if you are travelling in high season due to popularity of this kind of travel in Croatia.
Please note that bigger pieces of luggage must be places in hold of the bus. Each piece costs around 6-7 HRK.
Passing through Neum Corridor
Please note that on your way to Dubrovnik you will pass through small section of Bosnia and Herzegovina called Neum Corridor. You may be asked for passport, so keep it handy. You do not need a visa to pass through Bosnia unless you needed a visa to enter Croatia.
Getting to Dubrovnik by bus from abroad
It is possible to arrive to Dubrovnik by bus from abroad. Find below the list of bus routes from/to Dubrovnik Bus Station.
Tickets for these routes can be purchased via BOOKAWAY web-site.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Basel - Bern - Geneva (operated by Croatia Bus)
Popular Dubrovnik Tours
& Day Trips