Dubrovnik Cable Car Experience
The most beautiful views of Dubrovnik and surrounding islands can be enjoyed from the Mount Srdj above the town.
That's why you shouldn't skip taking a cable car ride to the top which takes less than 4 minutes. And if you visit Dubrovnik even in low season, you can do this, as cable car runs year-round.
The cable car has two cabins running throughout the day, and each can hold up to 32 passengers. During the summer months, the queues can be long, so be sure to get there early enough to avoid waiting.
From up there, you can capture the most stunning photos of the whole Old Town, the City walls and the islands lying just off the coast of Dubrovnik.
Escape the crowds of Dubrovnik and take e-tuk tuk tour to the best panoramic spots: Dubrovnik bridge and top of Mount Srdj!
We suggest you to book your tickets and tours for Dubrovnik through either Viator or GetYourGuide, as they are both reliable companies.
A stunning view from the top of Mount Srdj
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Getting to the cable car
- From Old Town: The cable car station is located above the Old Town so it's very easy to get there if you find yourself within the City walls. It's just a couple of minutes on foot. Walk up Boskoviceva street from Stradun to the top (just bear in mind that steps are little steep), turn right and walk until you reach parking lot. There you'll find stairs leading to the cable car station. Alternatively, head to Pile Gate or Ploce Gate and take a scenic route around the City walls (it will take around 10 minutes).
- From cruise/ferry port: For visitors arriving from the cruise port the easiest way to get here is to take the city bus no.8 which will drop you on the spot. Otherwise, take any bus running to Pile Gate, then get off and walk toward the cable car.
The cable car cabin can hold up to 32 persons
Alternatives to taking the cable car
The cable car ride is short but fun (it's among the most popular things to do for children in Dubrovnik). However, there are still other ways to reach the top of Mount Srdj above Dubrovnik.
A buggy safari tour is a true fun experience
- Panoramic bus tour: One of the most popular ways is this panoramic bus tour that takes you around the city (with stops at 3 viewpoints), providing breathtaking views of the Old Town and the rest of the area. 👉 Book easily here!
- E-tuk tuk tour: This small-group tour will take you to lesser-known panoramic spots that are inaccessible by larger tour vehicles. You'll learn a lot from your guide, plus, hotel pick-up is included. 👉 Book quickly here!
- Buggy safari tour: For a really fun packed activity and the wind on your face, join off-road buggy safari tour (pick-up from Gruz port). You'll enjoy a ride up to Mount Srdj, get in touch with nature and admire amazing views of the city and the area. 👉 Book easily here!
- Cabrio panorama city tour: Better than just taking the cable car, this cabrio van tour takes you to various picturesque spots, including the one where the cable car goes. The guide will explain you historical backgrounds of Dubrovnik. 👉 Save your place here!
- Private panoramic tour: Why not to book this private panoramic tour which takes you also to other great viewpoints from which you can take amazing photos. 👉 Book easily here!
Cable car ticket info
The Cable car tickets can be bought from the receptions of the many Dubrovnik hotels, from several travel agencies in the city, at the cable car station (can be paid in EUROS or BY CREDIT CARD).
2024 Ticket Prices:
- Adult one-way ticket: €15
- Adult return ticket: €27
- Children (4-12) one-way ticket: €4
- Children (4-12) return tickets: €7
- Children under 4: free of charge
Cable car operating hours
Operating hours vary depending on the month of the year. The cable car runs as soon as there is enough passengers. The last departure from the lower station is 30 minutes before closing time. The cable car doesn't operate in the case of bad weather conditions.
- JANUARY & FEBRUARY
- MARCH: 9am - 5pm
- APRIL: 9am - 9pm
- MAY: 9am - 11pm
- JUNE: 9am - midnight
- JULY: 9am - midnight
- AUGUST: 9am - midnight
- SEPTEMBER: 9am - midnight
- OCTOBER: 9am - 8pm
- NOVEMBER: 10am - 5pm
- DECEMBER: 10am - 4pm
Things to do on Mount Srdj
Dubrovnik Homeland War Museum
One of the best benefits finding yourself at the top of Mount Srdj are stunning views of the whole Dubrovnik and beautiful Elaphite islands. You can stock your photo album here with amazing photos.
If you love sunsets, from here you can see one of the most beautiful sunsets in Dubrovnik. Children will love binoculars perfect for peeking the people walking around the city.
Here you'll find Panorama Restaurant & Bar, a great place to have a coffee or a soft drink or even taste authentic Croatian food, as they also serve meals. The cable car station has a large gift shop if you want some nice souvenirs to remind you of Dubrovnik.
A few minutes walk from the station, you'll find the Imperial Fortress, which houses the Museum of Homeland War. This is a great opportunity to learn interesting facts of Dubrovnik's recent history.
Plan your visit to Croatia: