Dubrovnik Cable Car Info
The most beautiful view of Dubrovnik and surrounding islands can be enjoyed from the Mount Srdj above the town. The top can be reached via the newly-restored Cable car in only a few minutes.
A stunning view from the top of Mount Srdj
In the text below find useful info for taking a Cable car ride and spending amazing time on the top of the Mount Srdj. Find out Cable car operating hours, ticket prices, how to reach Cable car embarkation station from anywhere in Dubrovnik.
The Dubrovnik Cable car began transporting passengers back in 1969, but was completely destroyed during the Croatian War of Independence. In the summer of 2010 it was restored and once again transports visitors in great numbers to the top of Mount Srdj.
The cable car cabin can hold up to 32 persons
Cable Car Ticket Prices
- Adult return ticket: 170 HRK
- Adult one-way ticket: 90 HRK
- Children (4 - 12) return ticket: 60 HRK
- Children (4 - 12) one-way ticket: 40 HRK
- Children under 4: FREE OF CHARGE
Dubrovnik Cable car operating hours
Operating hours vary depending on the month of the year. The cable car runs as soon as there is enough passengers. The last departure from the lower station is 30 minutes before closing time. The cable car doesn't operate in the case of bad weather conditions.
CABLE CAR OPERATING HOURS
- JANUARY: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- FEBRUARY: Closed
- MARCH: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- APRIL: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- MAY: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- JUNE: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- JULY: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- AUGUST: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- SEPTEMBER: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- OCTOBER: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- NOVEMBER: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- DECEMBER: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
A view of Lovrijenac fortress from the top of Mount Srdj
How to reach Cable car embarkation station
The Cable car embarkation station is located in the part of
Dubrovnik above the Old Town called Ploce (Petra Kresimira IV bb). It can be reached easily from any part of Dubrovnik.
- FROM PILE & PLOCE GATES: Reach the lower Cable car station from both Pile or Ploce gates by walking along the City walls on the pedestrian sidewalks. For this you will need around 10 - 12 minutes.
- FROM STRADUN: Reach it directly from Stradun, the main street in the Old Town, in about 5 - 6 minutes. Take Boskoviceva street from Stradun until you reach the top and pass through Buza gate, turn right and walk across parking lot towards the stairs which leads to the Cable car.
- FROM CRUISE PORT: For visitors arriving from cruise port the easiest way to reach the Cable car is to take a city bus no.8 which will drop you directly on the spot.
The cable car embarkation station
Where to purchase the Cable car tickets
The most convenient way of buying tickets is directly at the lower cable car station (tickets can be paid BY CREDIT CARD or in CROATIAN KUNA).
You can also buy tickets from some travel agencies in Dubrovnik.
A view from Panorama restaurant
What to do on the top of the Mount Srdj
In only a few minutes you will find yourself at a height of 405 m above sea level. Here you can enjoy a panoramic view of Dubrovnik's Old Town and the Adriatic sea and take some memorable photos for your collection.
While on Srdj you can also visit the Imperial Fortress which houses the Museum of the Croatian War of Independence, currently exhibiting a display called 'Dubrovnik in the War of Independence 1991-1995'.
Here you will also find Panorama Restaurant & Bar offering Mediterranean cuisine and great cocktails, homemade cakes and variety of other desserts. While tasting delicious food and drinks you can enjoy an amazing views over the city, the island of Lokrum and the Elaphite islands.