Dubrovnik Cable Car Info
The most beautiful view of Dubrovnik and surrounding islands can be enjoyed on the Mount Srdj above the town. The top of the hill can be reached via the newly-restored Cable car in only a few minutes.
Dubrovnik Cable car began transporting passengers back in 1969, but was
completely destroyed during the Croatian War of Independence. In the
summer of 2010 it was restored and once again transports visitors in
great numbers to the top of Mount Srdj.
Book online at the best price!
The best place to have a panoramic view of the city
How to reach the lower Cable car station
The embarkation point for the Cable car is located in the part of
Dubrovnik above the Old Town called Ploce (Petra Kresimira IV bb).
It can be reached in 5-6 minutes’ walk from the Old Town. The the bus no.8 which runs from Gruz harbour will take you directly to the embarkation point.
How to reach the lower Cable car station from the Old Town
- You can reach the lower Cable car station from both Pile or Ploce gates by walking along the City walls on the pedestrian sidewalks. For this you will need around 10-12 minutes.
- You can also reach it directly from Stradun, the main street in the Old Town, in about 5-6 minutes. Take Boskoviceva street from Stradun until you reach the top and pass through Buza gate, turn right and walk across parking lot towards the stairs which leads to the Cable car.
How to reach the lower Cable car station from Gruz port
For visitors arriving from cruise port the easiest way to reach the Cable car is to take a city bus no.8 which will drop you directly on the spot. Otherwise you can take a taxi.
A night view from the top of Mount Srdj
The Dubrovnik Cable car prices
- Adult return ticket: 170 HRK
- Adult one-way ticket: 90 HRK
- Children (4-12) return ticket: 60 HRK
- Children (4-12) one-way ticket: 40 HRK
- Children under 4: Free of charge
Dubrovnik Cable car lower station
Where to purchase the Cable car tickets
The most convenient way of buying tickets is directly at the lower cable car station. You can also buy tickets from some travel agencies in Dubrovnik.
- at the lower Cable car station (tickets can be paid by credit cards or Croatian kuna)
- at Supertours agency (Pera Cingrije 10, Dubrovnik)
- at Perla Adriatica agency (Frana Supila 2, Dubrovnik)
- at Korkyra agency (Hvarska 42, Dubrovnik)
- at Duhan tobacco shops
A cable car cabin can hold up to 32 passengers
Dubrovnik Cable car operating hours
Operating hours vary depending on the month of the year. The cable car runs as soon as there is enough passengers. The last departure from the lower station is 30 minutes before closing time. The cable car doesn't operate in the case of bad weather conditions.
CABLE CAR OPERATING HOURS
- JANUARY: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- FEBRUARY: Closed
- MARCH: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- APRIL: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- MAY: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- JUNE: 9 a.m. - midnight
- JULY: 9 a.m. - midnight
- AUGUST: 9 a.m. - midnight
- SEPTEMBER: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- OCTOBER: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- NOVEMBER: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- DECEMBER: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
DEPARTURES FROM THE LOWER STATION:
Starting from 9:00 AM and continuing every half an hour with the last departure from the lower station half an hour before end of operation.
DEPARTURES FROM THE UPPER STATION:
Starting from 9:00 AM and
continuing every half an hour. The last departure from the upper station is at the end of operations for that current month.
Panorama restaurant on the top of Mount Srdj
What to do on the top of the Mount Srdj
In only a few minutes you will find yourself at a height of 405 m above sea level. Here you can enjoy a panoramic view of Dubrovnik's Old Town and the Adriatic sea and take some memorable photos for your collection.
While on Srdj you can also visit the Imperial Fortress which houses the Museum of the Croatian War of Independence, currently exhibiting a display called 'Dubrovnik in the War of Independence 1991-1995'.
Here you will also find Panorama Restaurant & Bar offering Mediterranean cuisine and great coctails, homemade cakes and variety of other desserts. While tasting delicious food and drinks you can enjoy an amazing views over the city, the island of Lokrum and the Elaphite islands.
Home > Dubrovnik Cable Car Info
Day trips from Dubrovnik